Best Video Hosting Platforms: If you are into video creation or operate a video discussing website, getting a dependable video hosting platform is really as integral to it because of the content itself. A great video hosting platform provides you with security and privacy for the content as well as your users an excellent viewing experience.
So before you decide to dive into the quest to locate a video hosting platform, check out their list of the best ones on the market. These Best Video Hosting Platforms offer a number of features and prices options so that you can find the one which meets your needs. Continue reading to learn more about each platform at length.
What to look for in a Best Video Hosting Platform?
Prior to getting into the listing of Best Video Hosting Platforms, allow me to first let you know just what you ought to be searching for inside a good video hosting platform.
So, the initial step in selecting an appropriate video hosting platform would be to determine your requirements. It’s important to think about the following factors:
- The type of videos you want to create – marketing videos, live streaming or a vlog, etc.
- The number of videos you plan to create.
- Your budget.
- The features you need.
Once you’ve determined your needs, you’ll need to consider the following factors when choosing the best video hosting platform:
- Ease of use — The platform should be user-friendly, so you can easily upload and publish videos.
- Storage space and bandwidth — The platform should offer plenty of storage space and bandwidth so you can upload and share large videos.
- Video quality — The platform should offer high-quality video so your audience can watch your videos without buffering or interference.
- Customer support — The platform should offer excellent customer support in case you have any problems using the service.
5 Best Video Hosting Platforms
Now you know what you need to expect inside a good video hosting platform, here’s a summary of the very best and many latest video hosting platforms you’ll find. Their email list includes 3 free and 5 compensated video hosting platforms so that you can choose based on your financial allowance and needs.
YouTube may be the world’s largest video hosting and discussion platform with more than 2 billion monthly users. It’s a totally free platform that enables you to definitely upload, view, and share videos.
You may also create and manage your personal funnel online. It provides a number of features, including:
YouTube’s main features:
- Hosting live streams.
- The huge audience for your content.
- Creating and managing your channel.
- Unlimited video storage.
- Embedding videos on your website or blog.
- Get insights on your videos with YouTube Analytics.
- The ads can be intrusive and distracting.
- You cannot customize embedded videos.
- No download option. For video download, you need third-party downloaders.
- Can’t protect your videos with a password.
How much does YouTube cost?
Youtube is free.
YouTube is suitable for:
YouTube is great for companies that are thinking about creating and sharing videos with a global audience. Furthermore, people who have less budget or content creators and vloggers who wish to produce a following on social networking.
However, if you are hunting for a more complex video hosting platform with increased control and fewer limitations, you might want to consider the compensated choices on their list.
Vimeo is yet another popular free video hosting and discussing platform. It had been founded in 2004 by two buddies who desired to share their videos online. Vimeo is continuing to grow right into a massive platform with more than 200 million users. It provides both free and compensated plans, and it is compensated plans are the least expensive available on the market.
Vimeo’s most original feature is its easy collaboration: clients, freelancers, and team people, freelancers may all view private projects. You are able to set permissions for every reviewer or collaborator and modify them when needed, with respect to the project. Here are a few of their other awesome features.
Vimeo’s main features:
- There is no limit on bandwidth, file size, or duration of a video.
- You can upload HD videos.
- You can customize embedded videos.
- No ads.
- Ability to password protect your videos.
- Download option available for videos.
- Custom branding options (only in paid plans).
- Allows companies to personalize video players, work together as a group, and access analytics and other marketing features.
- Live streaming is only available in the Premium plan ($75/month).
- There is a limited number of integrations with other tools and platforms.
- Limited audience.
How much does Vimeo cost?
Free (30-day free trial with all paid plans) and Paid (ranging from $7 up to $75/month).
Vimeo is suitable for:
Artists and SMBs (medium and small-sized companies) or any other creative professionals who wish to exhibit the work they do whilst marketing their professional services to some targeted audience.
Dailymotion is yet another famous video hosting and discussing website where users can upload, host, and share videos. You are able to say it’s a true rival of YouTube with more than 300 million unique visitors every month. Dailymotion relies on France and it was founded in 2005.
Dailymotion’s main features:
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth.
- Live streaming is available (you have to enroll in the Dailymotion partner program to access this feature).
- Can make the video password-protected.
- Create playlists and embed videos.
- Share videos on social media.
- You can upload videos up to 2GB in size.
- Videos can be up to 60 minutes long.
- You need a third-party downloader to download videos.
- Not ad-free.
How much does Dailymotion cost?
Dailymotion is free.
Dailymotion is suitable for:
Content creators and experts who are searching for any YouTube alternative or desire a parallel monetization option together with YouTube.
Cincopa is really robust media management and video hosting platform. You should use Cincopa for hosting any kind of media – videos, pictures, audio recordings, and podcasts. Additionally, it has a number of slide show designs, picture galleries, video players, and video hosting companies.
Cincopa provides a free browser WordPress plugin known as RecTrace that enables users to record screens and webcam. Users may accomplish all this using their email browser. Users may click on the RecTrace icon within their Gmail to begin recording themselves. After they record themselves, the recording is going to be incorporated into the email instantly.
A few famous organizations and companies are utilizing Cincopa including Euronews, Pfizer, Salvation Army, CNN, Dell, Worldpay, and US Condition Department (as pointed out on Cincopa’s official website).
Cincopa’s main features:
- Video hosting for Sharepoint and LMS is available.
- On-demand videos — It allows users to store and play pre-recorded videos.
- Allows broadcasting/live streaming.
- Automatic speech-to-text transcription.
- Can integrate with email marketing platforms.
- You have full control over your videos i.e. you can password protect the videos, restrict the audience based on their location and age, restrict embed options to the domains of your choice, etc.
- Gather personal viewer data by triggering on-screen pop-ups with the form during a video.
- Comprehensive video analytics.
- The drag-and-drop editor might be sluggish to load at times.
- There are not many features in the free version. To get full advantage of its features, you must upgrade to the Plus (or more) plan.
- You have to pay for audio files or picture hosting along with video hosting even if you don’t need them.
How much Cincopa cost?
Free (a 30-day free trial) and Paid (offers plans from $25 $350/month).
Cincopa is suitable for:
Agencies, enterprises, and educators.
Wistia is really a video hosting platform made particularly for digital marketers. It provides companies an easy and efficient method to host and share videos by having an easy-to-use interface, effective tools for managing their videos, and an array of personalization options.
Wistia allows you to integrate lead capture forms or any other CTAs inside the video player itself, supplying more complicated functionality.
Wistia’s main features:
- Podcast hosting.
- No ads.
- A/B testing features.
- You can insert clickable Call to Action buttons (CTAs) in videos.
- Can integrate with major CRMs and email marketing platforms.
- Soapbox is a Chrome extension by Wistia that is used for screen recording. You can record yourself and insert that recording directly into the email.
- Videos are SEO optimized.
- Comprehensive video analytics.
- You can create channels and embed Wistia videos in your blog/website.
- Password-protect your videos.
- No live streaming.
- Very limited features in the free plan (you can only upload three videos in the free plan).
- May be expensive for marketers who are tight on budget.
How much does Wistia cost?
Free (only 3 videos or podcasts to embed) and Paid (Pro plan for $99/month or Advanced plan with quotation available upon request).
Wistia is suitable for:
Digital marketers and enterprises with a goal of sales and lead generation.
The bottom line
If you wish to make use of the best free video hosting platform, YouTube may be the answer undeniably.
For medium and small-sized companies, Spotlight and Cincopa are appropriate. Have some amazing and different features that lots of other compensated video hosting sites are missing. And they’re less expensive than the others.
Large companies with heavy pockets will go with Vidyard which is a sophisticated video hosting platform. Using its intuitive interface and effective analytics, Vidyard makes it simple to obtain the most from your videos.